Friday, September 11, 2009

Canadian Women's Pool Tour 2009

I enjoy travelling to Montreal. Tony's LeSkratch Brossard is a great establishment with good food. I love their breakfast. I have been attending every tour stop on the Canadian Women's Pool Tour. This weekend was similar to the last. I am 8 months pregnant now and I have trouble on the long shots, so I'm forced to use the rake. I lost two straight again. I was bought in the calcutta by Darlene Gardiner, who's game has improved tremendously this year. She won 7-3. In the second match I faced Montreal player Farla Salmanovitch, wife of Pro Rodney Cuillerier, she started out strongly by running out after my dry break. I just couldn't catch my groove, she ran over me, I was out of the tournament. I could now relax and socialize a bit.

There was an amazing field of players at Montreal, many open players like Brittany Bryant, newly crowned Canadian 9-ball, 8-ball and Jr. Champion, quite the feat to hold three titles in one event. I'm sure that will be a record for while. Rachael Abbink, recently out with a dvd filmed with the Monk. Grace Nakamura, recently signed up with OB Cues. Naomi Williams who was the runner up against Brittany Bryant in the last CWPT event, and at the Canadians also. She still plays strong. A new face of Joanne Ashton is now on tour and looking to move to the Toronto area, listed on the Canadian Womens Professional Billiards Association tour to start in December. It was good to see a good sized group of women from quebec. Marie France Blanchette holds the quebec provincial title and participated also. Veronique Menard, the winner of the last event held at LeSkratch Brossard has a strong contender. Janet Ritcey and Sue Sepp played and ran the tournament.

The finals were between Naomi Williams and Brittany Bryant again, like last time. Brittany came out on top this time since the last. She came back with a vengence and played well. It was a good turn out and fun time for everyone. Next stop is in Ottawa at the Tailgators on October 24-25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment